June 07, 2017

Herbivore Botanicals | Skin Care

I'm always striving to use cosmetics that prioritise natural and simple ingredients. Herbivore Botanicals is a brand that takes that concept to another level by only using organic, high-quality, food grade ingredients. 






Herbivore was recently launched at my local Sephora with a refined selection of their top products in the collection. I would classify Herbivore as a luxury skin care line with prices in the $75 range (Lapis Oil). Because of this I personally would have shied away from the brand but I have had a Sephora Gift card burning a hole in my wallet, it was easy to splurge and boy, am I glad I did! 

I've been using these 3 products for the last month and I've thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I tend to have combination and acne prone skin, that can easily become dry and irritated from typical acne treatments. Personally, that's why I love the Lapis Oil. It reduces redness and leaves my skin feeling hydrated but surprisingly not greasy. In the morning I like to cleanse my face then spritz on the Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Facial Mist, followed by a couple drops of the Lapis Oil that I massage in. I let this sink in for at least 10 minutes before I apply my regular makeup. I find that my foundation blends in so much better creating a softer finish. The Face Mist has an uplifting scent, while the Lapis oil is really unique in its fragrance. It is definitely very distinct and maybe not to everyone's taste, but I found I grew to like the scent. I think it's worth continuing to use for the great benefits of the product regardless of whether you enjoy the scent or not. 

Lastly, I bought the Blue Tansy Resurfacing Clarity Mask which I use a couple times a week. I'll cleanse my face at night, apply the mask and leave it on for 20 minutes. Then I'll remove it with a damp face cloth in circular motions. I rinse my face with water and then apply the Face Mist and Lapis Oil as normal. The combination of these 3 products has really helped with the texture and overall appearance of my skin. My favourite would have to be the Lapis Oil so I would recommend getting that first if you're just starting out with the brand. It's a steep price to pay at $75 a bottle but a little goes a long way - literally just a few drops! So I think it's an investment that will last for 6 months at least. On the other hand, I enjoyed the Face Mist but I don't know if I would repurchase it. I don't feel like it has as much of an impact as do the other products and it's too pricey at $30 per bottle since it already seems to be disappearing quickly. 

And if all that didn't sell you on it, then the packaging sure will! It's absolutely stunning! They use glass vessels that look beautiful on your bathroom counter and really add to the luxurious feel of using the products. I really enjoy the minimalist design and how the product is the main focus. 

SHARE:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© victoria + arrow. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig